Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

So, the whole 'New Year's Resolutions' thing.... What should I do about that?  Part of me says "nothing. And let that be your resolution."  Perhaps the resolution to be open to what comes and learn to enjoy the moments that I consistently let pass me by or let occur while I busy myself with something else is the best resolution I should be coming up with.

The first day of this brand spankin' new year has been spent:
eating
sleeping
laughing
cooking
driving in the rain
visiting family
running inside
sloshing in a bit of mud
researching diy home improvement projects
fighting off my husband
snuggling with my babies one at a time
cooking again
setting timers and forgetting to turn off pots of bubbling sauce
saying "I love you too" quite a bit
taming tempers
laughing again
feeding cats
checking on chickens
watching baby cows nurse
looking at my daughter's face peek through the cut-out in her cardboard box house
tearing apart said box because 3 year old's head got stuck.

I'm tired.  But only exhaustingly so.

Don't worry about me.

I think I'm going to listen to that part of me that's screaming "NOTHING!"  No resolutions, no stress.  Just enjoy, just be, just listen, just hug, just say "I love you too".


~scj

No comments:

Post a Comment