Sunday, February 6, 2011

I wish

I wish I didn't have to see all the people I love.
I wish I didn't hang out with my favorite neighbor or give her a big hug.
I wish I didn't have to talk about him.
I wish I didn't see everyone together, showing such intense love and devotion.
I wish I didn't see so many tears.
I wish I didn't have to see AJ cry.
I wish we weren't missing him.
I wish his daughter didn't find the best pictures of him and put them out for all to see.
I wish we didn't play his favorite songs.
I wish we didn't stand on the flat bed trailer he so painstakingly made by hand with his son.
I wish his peanut wasn't sad.
I wish he wasn't proud of all of us.
I wish he was here.

Attended the memorial/celebration of life for our good friend today.  It was everything he would've wanted.
We miss him so much already.


Looking towards his property from our place




No comments:

Post a Comment